what is xylem and phloem short answer?
The xylem and phloem are the transporting elements of a plant.
Xylem transports water from roots to totally different elements of a plant.
its transporting elements are xylem parenchyma and fibers.
Phloem transports minerals or food particles from leaves to totally different parts of the plant.
its transporting components are sieve tubes and companion cells.
What is the Difference Between Xylem and Phloem
- It conducts water and minerals.
- Conduction is mostly unidirectional, i.e., from roots to apical parts of the plant.
- Conducting channels or tracheary elements are tracheids and vessels.
- Components of the xylem include tracheids, vessels, xylem parenchyma, and xylem fibers.
- Three of the four elements of the xylem are dead(i,e., tracheids, vessels, and xylem). Only xylem parenchyma is living.
- In addition to conduction, the xylem provides mechanical strength to the plant.
- It conducts organic solutes or food materials.
- In it, conduction may be bidirectional, i.e, from leaves to storage organs to growing parts of plants.
- Conducting channels are sieve tubes, companion cells phloem parenchyma, and phloem fibers.
- Three of the four elements are living (i.e., sieve tubes, companion cells, and phloem parenchyma) only phloem fibers are dead.
- In addition to conduction, the xylem provides mechanical strength to the plants.
I hope you guys liked Write the Difference Between Xylem and Phloem Class 9 if you liked so please share and comment
Thanks for Visiting This Page