What is The Difference Between Renewable and Nonrenewable Resources?
What are renewable resources?
Renewable resources are the ones that do not get depleted. These resources are in a condition to revive themselves.
What are nonrenewable resources?
Nonrenewable resources are the resources that are not able to revive themselves. They get depleted after their excessive usage and time.
The Difference Between Renewable and Nonrenewable Resources
- Renewable resources include resources such as sunlight, wind, solar energy, thermal energy, etc.
- Renewable resources have a negligible impact on the environment. These emissions emit low carbons upon their usage. Therefore, these resources are not a threat to the environment.
- The cost related to generating energy from renewable resources is relatively high. For instance, to generate solar energy or geothermal energy, a lot of technologies are used that are much costlier than generating energy from nonrenewable resources.
- As discussed above, to generate energy, renewable resources are much costlier. The infrastructure required for renewable resources is expensive and is not easily accessible.
- For renewable resources, a large area is required. For instance, wind farms and solar farms are constructed in large areas so that energy is easily generated from these resources.
- Nonrenewable energy includes fossil fuels like coal, petroleum, etc., and various gases.
- On the other hand, nonrenewable resources have high carbon emissions upon their usage and burning. Due
to the high carbon emissions, nonrenewable resources are a threat to the environment.
- Nonrenewable resources are not much costlier than renewable resources.
- On the other hand, nonrenewable resources are cost-effective, and the infrastructure required is easily accessible. The nonrenewable resources and their energy generation are pretty cheap and affordable.
- For non-renewable resources, less area is required for generating energy. That is why non-renewable resources are comparatively cheaper as compared to renewable resources in terms of cost, area, environmental effect, etc.
I hope you guys liked the difference between renewable and non-renewable resources if you liked so please share and comment
Thanks for Visiting This Page